When it’s nice out, we love to grill! Those grill marks add SO. MUCH. FLAVOR. And can make pretty much any green vegetable feel like less of a chore.
For perfect grilled asparagus every time:
- Let your grill (or grill pan) preheat. You want it HOT, so that you hear a sizzle as soon as the asparagus hits the grate. This is where that char comes to play.
- Cut off the woody ends. Trim the bottom inch or so off each spear. It’s the part that tends to be super tough.
- Season your asparagus generously.
- Be patient. If the stalks are pretty big, they might take longer to cook. The asparagus is ready when you can easily pierce the middle with a fork.
What should you serve with this? Literally anything. Bottom line: Grilled asparagus tastes good with pretty much everything.
- asparagus, stalks trimmed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sometimes I wrap in foil (like a tent) instead of placing directly on the grill. You can add any seasoning you like, get creative! Add some garlic, butter, lemon, pretty much anything!
- Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat. Toss asparagus lightly in oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until tender and charred, 3 to 4 minutes.