In the summer, fresh grown vegetables are abundant. We stock up from our garden and local farmer’s stand. Grilling vegetables brings out the natural sweetness of the produce. You can mix it up and grill whatever is in season at the moment. Throw your veggies right on the grill for those signature grill marks. Use a grill basket, or make some foil packets for easier cleanup!
This recipe can be made with just about any kind of vegetable. You can add just about any protein, chicken, steak, or even sausage, and you have a complete meal your family will love.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 small carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 7 ingredients. Place 3 tablespoons marinade in a large bowl. Add vegetables; turn to coat. Cover; marinate 1-1/2 hours at room temperature.
- Transfer vegetables to a grilling grid; place grid on grill rack. Grill vegetables and keep covered, over medium heat until crisp-tender, 8-12 minutes. Turning occasionally.
- Place vegetables on a large serving plate. Drizzle with remaining marinade.
You can find this recipe and so much more. Just by doing a quick search on the internet. My family LOVES this one, you can find it HERE.
So go fire up that grill, grab a chair, and enjoy!!